Don’t pull on the back frame with straps, push it back with a pair of rigid struts
– most effective on West Coast or California style dodgers
– leaves the aft end of the cabin house and combing free of obstruction.
– can be transformed from rigid bars that are difficult to use into highly flexible, simple-to-operate tensioning struts
– Make the strut collapsible
– have a powerful lever that brings the strut smoothly into its full load position.
• More rigid/stronger frames
• Powerful tensioning device = tight tops
• Clears obstruction from aft end of cabin house
• Reliable repeat of tensioning
• Easy deployment and knockdown of frame